Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Work Hard For My Money

Shortly after I stumbled into work three hours late (it was seis de mayo and I made sure I took the morning off) my college roommate messaged me asking a favor. She works for a radio station in upstate NY and wanted me to call in to play with the DJ a bit. I happily complied and spent the rest of the day giggling at my desk with a very dear, but very far friend.

As the day came to an end and the frisson faded, sadness began to creep in. I missed my friend and today's scandal reminded me of all the times we shared- both good and bad. My little trip down memory lane with her spiraled into me reminiscing about my friends and family in all other reaches of the world. By six o'clock I was crying at my desk and watching The Muppets sing sad songs at Jim Henson's memorial service on YouTube. It was quite the scene. Fortunately, I cry at work often so my coworkers didn't think too much of it...yes, okay?! I cry at work often- what do you expect from a young, emotional girl that has an affinity for watching YouTube videos of sentimental TV commercials?!

Anyway, I tried to console myself with that"airplane ride away" quote from Sex and The City but then I realized what I was quoting and ended up just feeling pathetic. This is when I resorted to the Red Vines as a last hope. Work was so much fun today...

For those of you who would like to hear the raunchy raunchiness that happened at 3pm EST/12pm PST you can find it here but please don't share it with immature ears nor judge the conversation. You're more than welcome to judge but only the way people look, that's what I learned at work today. Aren't people in California so nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment